Following our recent establishment of a sister school arrangement for France, Glasgow School of English and Global School of English Edinburgh are pleased to announce we have now established another bilateral agreement, with Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University, Faculty of Foreign Languages, Russia to work together to give students and staff of the Faculty the opportunity of studying English in Scotland.
The Scottish schools are offering a sister school relationship to be developed with the Faculty. Our new sister school arrangement will provide the following to each of the institutions:
- The Faculty will send to Glasgow /Edinburgh a group of students each year.
- The Scottish schools will provide a prize each year to be offered to senior students of the Faculty.
- The prize will be a two-week course of English, including accommodation, transfers, teaching materials and sight seeing.
- The Faculty will provide an award ceremony each year where the prize(s) will be awarded to its students by a Scottish school representative.
- The Faculty will provide opportunities to promote the Scottish schools and what they offer, to students and staff of the Faculty..
- As the relationship matures, teacher exchange will be considered and developed for the mutual benefit of both parties to the agreement.
Andrew Lennox, President of the Scottish Schools stated “ I have for many years tried to establish this type of arrangement with overseas schools and I am delighted that Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University, Faculty of Foreign Languages, has recognised the mutual benefits of such a cooperation. We look forward to welcoming their students.”