Bookmark and Share Facebook View photographs from Edinburgh Youtube Logo Register for our email newsletter learning Zone

After Arriving in the UK

Registering with the Police

Students from some countries will need to register with the Police within seven days of arrival in the UK. It will state on you visa if you need to do this. When you register, you will be provided with a registration document, which acts as an identification card. To receive your identification card, you will require:  

  • Your passport
  • A passport size photograph and
  • Your registration fee (currently £34)

    Opening a Bank Account

    You will be able to open a UK bank account if you are studying for more than 25 weeks on a full time course. You may have to pay the bank a fee for this service. We can help make an appointment at a bank for you if necessary. Some banks also offer Islamic bank accounts, please ask at the school for details. Please note that short term students cannot open bank accounts.

    Global School of English is recognised by UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) as a branch of Glasgow School of English under Tier 4 Sponsor licence number 18EC8KTJ1 and is licensed to bring students into the UK on General Student Visas.

    © Glasgow School of English 2016